Skywest Cabin Crew
Skywest Cabin Crew Requirements
Skywest Airlines is proud of its record of outstanding customer service and our flight attendants are at the forefront of the delivery of that service.
With an extraordinary focus on safety and the ability to deliver high quality customer service at all time it is integral that we seek the following attributes and capabilities:
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills;
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills;
- Behave with diplomacy and discretion;
- Exceptional personal presentation and grooming standards.
We are looking for people with the excitement to make a difference and to contribute to our success and growth. We recruit bright and dynamic individuals and train intensely.
The role of a Cabin Crew member is very unique. Our crew undertake a variety of duties including:
- Passenger screening, boarding and disembarking;
- Pre-flight aircraft cabin preparation;
- In-flight customer service and care;
- Care of unaccompanied children;
- Delivery of in-flight catering service;
- Responsible service of alcohol to passengers;
- Care of special needs passengers;
- Knowledge and maintenance of all company and regulatory safety standards;
- Dangerous goods awareness;
- Render first aid if necessary;
- Work positively in a team of flight attendants and pilots; and
- After flight cabin tidy and next-flight preparation.
In order to be considered for employment to join our team you must meet the minimum requirements:
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Customer service experience
- Possess a Nationally Recognised Apply First Aid Certificate, valid for 12 months from the date of application. Please note: Bronze Medallion and partial certificates will not be accepted
- Possess a nationally accredited Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
- Police Clearance Certificate issued within the last 6 months
- Valid passport that will permit you entry in and out of our ports with a minimum of 12 months validity
- Have the right to live and work in Australia
- Be prepared to work irregular hours
At the time of application you must provide examples and evidence that you meet the minimum requirements. Examples are as follows:
- Senior First Aid Certificate, St John Australia, June 2010
- Responsible Service of Alcohol, RSA Training, booked for 22 Apr 2011
- Police Clearance Certificate, WA Police, applied for on 18 Feb 2011
- Australian Passport holder, expires 2014
Applications failing to address the minimum will not be shortlisted.
If your application is successful you will be required to attend a group interview and if selected undergo an aviation medical at your own expense.
Click to contact our Recruitment Team for more information about career opportunities or phone (08) 9478 9999.