Ravensthorpe Shire, on the south coast of Western Australia’s Golden Outback, boasts 200 kilometres of amazing coastline and pristine natural bushland covering two thirds of the region. Situated south-east of Perth, between Esperance and Albany, it enjoys a temperate Mediterranean climate with beautiful sunny winter days and cool summer nights.
The town of Ravensthorpe is surrounded by ancient rocky ranges, rugged river valleys, vast sand plains, rare animal species and historical mining sites. Visit in spring and you’ll also be treated to an awesome display of Western Australian wildflowers.
Why drive when you can fly? Skywest flies to Ravensthorpe via Esperance. Click here to view our live flight schedules.
Things To Do
- Enjoy the Wildflower Show in September, featuring 600 specimens.
- Explore the town’s historic buildings, including the restored Ravensthorpe Community Centre and enjoy a beer and a meal in the Old Palace Hotel.
- Follow the walk trail to Archer Drive Lookout and enjoy sweeping farmland and mountain views.
- Tackle one or all four sections of the scenic Railway Heritage Walk Trail running between Ravensthorpe and Hopetoun.
- Admire 360° views of the town, national park, mountains and sea along the Ethel Daw Scenic Drive.
For more information about Ravensthorpe, visit the Shire of Ravensthorpe website.
Skywest Flights Online…
Discounted fares only available from our website.